Yesterday I went to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival for the first time ever and what can I say but “Nom, nom!” What a yummy day!
I would compare the set-up to a food truck bazaar, but with much more walking between “trucks.” Each country has their own stand set up with two to three small plates from that country. Plate prices fell mainly in the $3 to $5 range. The best advice I got before going was to think of it as tapas. Donnie and I decided to get one of everything and share, until we were full.
Here are pics from our first round of eating (yes, there were two rounds):
Not pictured above because they were in separate carts in the general area of the country, but not on the country’s menu:
- ITALY: Tiramisu (DELISH)
- MEXICO: Frozen Mango Margarita (REFRESHING)
Later on in the day, Donnie got a second wind and started to eat more. The boy really is like a bottomless pit! Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures. I was too busy laughing. But here’s what else we (mainly “he”) tried:
- JAPAN: Tuna and Salmon Sensation (DELISH)
- CARIBBEAN: Ropa Vieja with White Rice (EH)
- BRAZIL: Brazil’s national dish – Feijoada (Black Bean and Pork Strew) (EH)
- HOPS & BARLEY: Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Roll (DELISH)
- SINGAPORE: Beef Rendang (Coconut-braised beef) with Jasmine Rice (EH)
On our way out, we stopped back at Argentina for some more grilled beef skewer.Really, it was that good.
I’m very glad that I ran 10 miles earlier in the day so I could eat my way around the world guilt-free, but towards the end of the day my legs were killing me. It was totally worth it… I had the best day with Donnie and our friends!