Eight is the number that was rolled last Thursday morning as we sat at the foot of a small Florida hill (technically some might call it an “incline”). To my chagrin, we did not roll a snake eyes.
What were we doing with a pair of dice on one of our morning runs? We certainly weren’t playing any board games.
It seems that I cannot miss any morning runs, because when I do, I come back to hear preposterous ideas like “Hey, let’s let the roll of the dice decide how many hill repeats we should do on Thursday mornings!”
And then something even more preposterous happens like an eight is rolled. Magic eight. *Sigh*
So eight times up, and eight times down we went.
Here’s how the experience looked in my head:
- Hill Repeat #1: Alright let’s do this.
- Hill Repeat #2: Good God! We’re only on the second repeat? There’s no way I can do this!
- Hill Repeat #3: Hey, whose idea was this?
- Hill Repeat #4: Seriously, whose ideas was this??
- Hill Repeat #5: That was only halfway?
- Hill Repeat #6: Wait, what repeat are we on?
- Hill Repeat #7: (cursing starts) @#%#$!
- Hill Repeat #8: You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.
Here’s how the experience looked via my friend’s tracking device:
Needless to say, I’m very sorry that I’m going to be on vacation this week and unable to join this Thursday’s AM run…
Do you ever play games to get you through your runs?