Playing with Food

17 Oct

I’m not the best cook. But on the bright side, I’m also not the worst cook. I border somewhere between lazy and uninspired. The lazy part is particularly why I absolutely love easy recipes. Easy is something I can do.

While reading one of my favorite local blogs, Meals and Miles, I found this recipe on how to spice up a frozen pizza. Runny eggs used to disgust me, but after four years of watching my boyfriend soak up his yolk with everything on his plate I finally gave in and gave it another go. And I grew to actually crave it. Who am I??

Sprucing up my Archer Farms Mediterranean pizza seemed simple enough. I added bacon, fresh mushrooms, mozzarella (in my opinion pizza can never be too cheesy) and halfway through the baking time I added three eggs as suggested.

Here’s how it looked out of the oven:

My Archer Farms mediterranean pizza with added bacon, mozzarella, mushrooms and eggs

I paired it with a spinach salad with mushrooms, bacon and mozzarella. I like buying spinach because (a) it’s good for you, and (b) you can always use it to make a salad or sauté with salt, pepper and a little parmesan cheese for a yummy side. I hadn’t decided on what type of dressing when I took this pic, but I settled on good ol’ light ranch. That certainly wasn’t the healthiest option, but it did make me oh so happy!

My spruced up pizza with a spinach salad

If you’re not a big yolk fan, this might not be for you, but if you are, I strongly suggest sprucing up your frozen pizza with eggs.

Have you ever added anything unusual to spice up your frozen pizza?

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Playing with Food”

1. Joannegarcia October 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

You can always add crumbled bits of Doritos on top.

• Hemarie October 18, 2011 at 9:04 am #

JoJo – GREAT idea. And my cookbook ‘Cooking with Doritos’ needs to happen. 🙂

2. Carolina @ Peas in a Blog October 18, 2011 at 8:38 am #

Woohoo to new blogs to read. Hope you’re back to new & running very soon 🙂

• Hemarie October 18, 2011 at 8:57 am #

Thanks lady! Me too!

3. Roxy October 23, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

Mmm. I need to try this. Or you need to invite me over and make it. Either way works.

• Hemarie October 23, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

Hmmm… I *do* have a pizza in the freezer and some eggs…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A 10-Mile Run and a Boat Tour Kinda Day « I Sweat Pretty - January 23, 2012

[…] adding an egg to my frozen pizza on a blog, I decided to try it for myself (I blogged about it here) and have been enjoying it ever since. Well, this pizza kicked my frozen pizza’s butt! With […]